East Sussex County Council's main offices will close at 5pm on Tuesday 24 December 2013 and open again at 8.30am on Thursday 2 January 2014.
Problems that pose an immediate threat to life or welfare should be referred to Sussex Police on 101, or dial 999 in an emergency.
Adult social care and children's services
For social care enquiries during normal office hours – Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm, Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm – please call our contact centres:
- for adults – phone: 0345 60 80 191
- for children and families – phone: 0345 60 80 192
For out-of-hours emergencies – from 5pm to 8.30am on weekdays or at any time over bank holidays and weekends – please call the Emergency Duty Team:
- for adults – phone: 01323 636399
- for children and families – phone: 01273 335905 or 335906.
Roads and parking
For general enquiries, please ring the Highways Contact Centre on 0345 60 80 193 and leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For out-of-hours emergencies affecting the roads in East Sussex, other than traffic accidents, please call our emergency out of hours service on 01323 644422.
For more information about parking arrangements over the holidays please see:
Our libraries will be open as usual in the period between Christmas and New Year, excluding bank holidays. For more details please see:
Our registration offices will close at 2pm on Tuesday 24 December. All offices re-open at 9am on Friday 27 December for normal office hours, excluding bank holidays.
Check the normal opening times of registration offices.
Record Office – The Keep
The Keep will close at 4pm on Saturday 21 December 2013 and re-open at 9.30am on Thursday 2 January 2014.
Borough and district councils
For flooding or similar emergencies please ring your local borough or district council on one of the following numbers:
- Eastbourne Borough Council – 01323 410051
- Hastings Borough Council – 01424 451999
- Lewes District Council – 01323 644422
- Rother District Council – 01424 787868
- Wealden District Council – 01323 443322
- District and borough council websites.