- All businesses must agree to comply with our terms of membership and complete the application form.
- If you work in other people's homes you will also have to apply for a Basic Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure. To speed up the approval process, we advise you to apply for this at the same time as completing your Buy With Confidence application. Basic Disclosures are available from the Disclosure Scotland website.
- We also require a copy of any contracts or terms and conditions that your company uses and any sales literature that you use to trade by phone, mail order or Internet.
Please note – we can only accept applications from East Sussex businesses. If your business is not in East Sussex, or is in Brighton & Hove, you may be able to join a similar scheme in your area. For more details of similar schemes visit the central Buy With Confidence website.
Application and membership fees
For all businesses, there is a £100 application fee to join Buy With Confidence. Membership fees vary depending on the number of employees a business has.
All fees are non-refundable and should be sent at the time of application.
When you apply to join the scheme, you pay both the application fee plus the first year's membership fee. The total cost including VAT at 20% is shown below.
Your annual membership fee is then due on the date of your approval.
Prices from 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015:
- 1 to 5 employees - £252 per premises
- 6 to 20 employees - £351 per premises
- More than 20 employees - £443.40 per premises
Renewing your membership
An annual membership fee will apply from year two.
Prices from 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015
- 1 to 5 employees - £132 per premises
- 6 to 20 employees - £231 per premises
- More than 20 employees - £323.40 per premises
The application process is open for a period of 12 months on receipt of your application form and fee. If you delay your application for longer than 12 months you may be subject to an additional membership fee.
For further information contact the Buy With Confidence team.
Save money with dual membership of Buy With Confidence and Support With Confidence
Buy With Confidence members who offer care or support at a client's home – from cooking or cleaning, helping with shopping or bathing, to odd jobs or taxi services – can also join the similar Support With Confidence scheme (SwC).
If you're eligible to join SwC you can save the normal £100 BwC application fee: