Application forms to join the Support With Confidence scheme
From cooking or cleaning, helping with shopping or bathing, to taxi services or odd jobs in and around the home – Service Providers and Personal Assistants who offer all types of care or support (either at a client's home or in the community) can apply to be a member of the Support With Confidence scheme.
Support With Confidence launched in October 2010, and residents can search a growing database of approved members.
Find out more about the Support With Confidence scheme
The application process
Simply complete the application form and post it to us with your supporting documents.
We'll take it from there. We will:
- make the necessary checks on your background and any criminal records
- request references
- arrange the necessary Enhanced level Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) [previously Criminal Records Bureau (CRB)] checks as required for your application. DBS checks are required for all persons used by you to undertake work on your behalf that will have direct interaction with Vulnerable Adults and / or their sensitive information. This does include subcontractors. Where this applies, see below for costs.
- arrange to meet you and discuss your application
- register you with the scheme – depending on you undertaking our training and satisfying the application process.
Membership fees to join Support With Confidence
These fees were last updated on 1 April 2013 and include VAT at 20%.
Businesses, Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered bodies, Independent Support Planners & Brokers
For all applicants in this category.
EMPLOYEES – An employee is defined as any person who receives remuneration or benefit for work completed and subjected to PAYE under a full or part time arrangement. This includes employees on 'zero hour contracts' and 'bank staff' but does not include subcontractors or volunteers (volunteers are defined as persons not in receipt of any benefit from the enterprise).
Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Checks – Subject to the criteria above under The Application Process, East Sussex County Council will pay for up to 5 DBS forms. A business applying with, or recruiting, more than 5 employees will be required to pay for any additional DBS checks requested. The current cost is £44 per person and the fee will need to be paid to East Sussex County Council and we will process the check on your behalf.
In addition to any DBS cost the following membership fee applies:
- Personal Assistant - £25.00
- 1 to 5 employees – £60.00
- 6 to 20 employees – £120.00
- 21 or more employees – £250.00
- Charity and Voluntary organisations
- turnover under £100,000 – free of charge
- turnover of £100,000 to £500,000 – £120.00
- turnover of over £500,000 – £250.00
Your membership will commence from the date of your approval for a period of 12 months. At the expiry of this period you will be required to pay a renewal fee in accordance with the fee structure set out above.
It is a requirement of the scheme that DBS checks are renewed every 3 years of membership. All DBS renewal fees will be met fully by the scheme member and not by East Sussex County Council. The cost will be added to the membership fee and included in the invoice for that year. Once the invoice is paid we will process the renewal on your behalf.
Save money with dual membership – Support With Confidence and Buy With Confidence
'Buy with Confidence' (BWC) is a similar scheme for other types of business. If you want to join both schemes you will need to pay both membership fees – but you won't have to pay the normal £100 application fee for BWC as long as you apply for both schemes at the same time or within 2 weeks of each other.
See how to join the Buy With Confidence scheme.
You need to remember to include copies of documents to support your application – you'll find these listed in the questions on the application form.
The application process is open for 12 months after we have received your application form and payment. If your application takes longer than this because of unreasonable delays on your part, such as not providing the necessary paperwork, a further fee may be charged.
Terms and conditions are included in the application form, and you will need to agree to keep to the Code of Conduct.