We have a statutory responsibility to investigate road traffic accidents in East Sussex, to find out what causes them and to try and stop them happening in the future.
- Road safety
- Links to our road safety information.
- Speeding - what we are doing
- What we are doing to enforce speed limits across East Sussex and details of what you can do in your community.
- Road casualties
- Our annual overview of road casualty and crash statistics in the county, including crashes by road type and casualties by severity.
- Crash sites
- Find out what we are doing to improve sites in the county that have a poor record of injuries from crashes.
- Motorcycle safety
- Road safety information and links for riders of motorbikes and scooters.
- Driving at work
- We work with other local authorities and partners to promote safe driving at work, to help protect employees and employers from personal injury, financial loss and prosecution.
School crossing patrols
We have 120 school crossing patrols at 73 sites in East Sussex, helping children cross the road safely while walking to and from school.
School Crossing Patrol and Driver Training Supervisor
Phone: 01273 482293
Email David Bradley
- School crossing patrols
- Information about school crossing patrols, plus how to get involved.
Child pedestrian training
Footsteps is a pedestrian training scheme for young children which aims to develop their awareness of roads.
- Road awareness for children
Report a faulty crossing. Find out about different types of pedestrian crossings and how we decide where to put new ones.
- Pedestrian crossings
Cycling awareness training
A Bikeability course gives children the skills they need for riding their bikes on the road. The aim is to encourage children to think independently and make their own informed decisions.
- Pedestrian and cyclist safety